- Download the latest version from here
- You need python 3 for running this tool.
- PyQuery is also required for running this tool.
Pyquery can be installed using pip
sudo pip install pyquery
- First the proxies must be configured in the config file correctly. Pick some open proxies which use basic http auth or no auth at all. The username:password part must be omitted if not required. Make sure you use only one proxy on one line.
- Now just go the directory where thedumpster.py exists and run
python thedumpster.py --help
usage: thedumpster.py [-h] [-l LIMIT] [-ghdb] [-ap] [-p] [-a ADD] [-r REM] [-ws] domain
Flags / Parameters§
- -l : The value provided here will be limit for the number of results that will be returned for your search.
- -ghdb : This flag when sets prompts you to select a type of dork from GHDB dorks, which will be tested against the domain.
- -ap : This flag when set asks for the possbile backend of the web infrastructure. Then based on the backend it picks appropriate dorks for searching.
- -p : This flag allows to search for any pastebin dumps.
- -a : This argument allows you to add custom search keywords. Multiple search words must be separated by comma. Eg :- intext:error,ext:sql
- -r : This argument allows you to exclude search results of a site. Multiple domain exclusion can be done by separating those domains with a comma. Eg:- foo.bar.com,shut.bar.com
- -ws : The most important flag of all. This flag allows you to do google search which is against Google's TOS. So author is not responsible for your usage.
- domain : This is a compulsory positional argument. Better to provide the root domain so that all subdomains are included in search results.
For example if we wish to search a site example.com , for admin panels while excluding sites foo.example.com, and extra query intext:login then you can use something like this
python thedumpster.py -l 10 -ap -a intext:login -r foo.example.com example.com
P.S The -ws flag is not taken by default